Unseen from the track on either side of Langstrath, Blackmoor Pot (also known as Blackmoss Pot) is a vertical rift in the valley bed, some 40 feet deep, with a great pool of water stretching along its length. Its colour ranges from gold to deepest green at its greatest depth. The eerie water-worn reflections appear to seep down into a form of deepest oblivion in this evocative painting.
"Here is one of the most surprising things in Lakeland. The pattern of these subtle colours is determined by the strata and cleavage of rock as well as by weathering"
(WHC - Lakeland Portraits, p42)
Inner Picture Sizes:
- Canvas - 580 x 769mm / 22.8 x 30.3 inches (Inner Painting: 537mm x 725mm / 21.1 x 28.5 inches).
- Framed - 418 x 548mm / 16.5 x 21.6 inches (Inner Painting: 255 x 365mm / 10 x 14.4 inches).
- Framed - 258 x 309mm / 10.2 x 12.2 inches (Inner Painting: 115 x 160mm / 4.3 x 6.3 inches).
- Mounted - 395 x 520mm / 15.6 x 20.5 inches (Inner Painting: 255 x 365mm / 10 x 14.4 inches).
- Mounted - 235 x 286mm / 9.3 x 11.3 inches (Inner Painting: 115 x 160mm / 4.3 x 6.3 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.