This beautifully composed view across the mere at Elterwater has all the quintessential elements of early summer in the Lake District: a carpet of bluebells in the foreground, the hawthorn in blossom by the lake shore, and the slender poles of silver birch in new leaf flanking the scene. The thickly wooded rise of Yew Crags, with Elterwater Hall emerging from among the trees, and the deep shadows on Lingmoor, give solidity and depth of colour to the centre of the painting; while the magnificent Langdale Pikes- Loft Crag, Harrison Stickle and Pavey Ark- rise up pale and majestic in the background.
Inner Picture Sizes:
- Canvas - 767 x 535mm / 30.2 x 21 inches (Inner Painting: 725mm x 496mm / 28.5 x 19.5 inches).
- Framed - 539 x 436mm / 21.2 x 17.2 inches (Inner Painting: 367 x 247mm / 14.4 x 9.7 inches).
- Framed - 308 x 259mm / 12.1 x 10.2 inches (Inner Painting: 160 x 115mm / 6.3 x 4.3 inches).
- Mounted - 507 x 407mm / 20 x 16 inches (Inner Painting: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Mounted - 285 x 235mm / 11.2 x 9.3 inches (Inner Painting: 170 x 106mm / 6.7 x 4.2 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.