Ullswater is surrounded by a dramatic climax of hills at the head of the lake, and in this painting they are grouped together crested with snow. Gowbarrow Fell is the ancient deer forest of the Howard family, where red deer can sometimes be glimpsed.
"The hills now descend more steeply to the lake, especially on the east side, and to our right Gowbarrow Park attracts by its sylvan vistas and 'grace of forest charms decayed' "
(Black's Guide to the English Lakes, ed. Gordon-Home, p55)
Inner Picture Sizes:
- Framed - 539 x 436mm / 21.2 x 17.2 inches (Inner Painting: 367 x 247mm / 14.4 x 9.7 inches).
- Framed - 308 x 259mm / 12.1 x 10.2 inches (Inner Painting: 170 x 115mm / 6.7 x 4.3 inches).
- Mounted - 507 x 407mm / 20 x 16 inches (Inner Painting: 367 x 247mm / 14.4 x 9.7 inches).
- Mounted - 285 x 235mm / 11.2 x 9.3 inches (Inner Painting: 170 x 115mm / 6.7 x 4.5 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.