Armboth is a high plateau covered in peat bogs, which seems cut off from its surroundings above Thirlmere. On a fine day this is a splendid place to view both Helvellyn, and here, William has painted the full striking outline of Blencathra, like a huge protruding mountain of ice. He rather deftly relects its gleaming image in a large sheet of water beside Fisher Crag.
"Mild hollows and clear healthy swells,
The cheerful silence of the fells"
(Black's Guide to the English Lakes - ed. Gordon-Home p153)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 538 x 437mm / 21.2 z 17.2 inches (Inner Print: 348 x 232mm / 13.7 x 9.1 inches).
- Mounted - 508 x 406mm / 20 x 16 inches (Inner Print: 348 x 232mm / 13.7 x 9.1 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.