Wordsworth wrote these enduring lines about Blea Tarn in his long philosophical poem 'The Excursion' capturing a sense of the unique place it has in people's hearts. This composition is extremely bold and dynamic, with all the dark shadow concentrated heavily on one side - but it sets off the shapes and colours of Side Pike and the Langdales perfectly.
"Beneath our feet a lowly little vale...
A liquid pool that glittered in the sun
And one bare dwelling. One abode, no more"
(W. Wordsworth - from The Excursion, in: The Tarns of Lakeland, WHC, p198)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 539 x 436mm / 21.2 x 17.2 inches (Inner Print: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Mounted - 507 x 407mm / 20 x 16 inches (Inner Print: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.