This painting was used for the frontispiece of 'The English Lakes' published by Adam and Charles Black in 1905, written by W.T. Palmer and including 75 paintings by Alfred Heaton Cooper.
Newby Bridge is at the foot of Lake Windermere, from which one can get a steamer up to Waterhead, some 11 miles up the lake.
"From its foot at Newby Bridge to the circling beach at Waterhead, Windermere, the largest of our Lakes, is full of interest."
(W. T. Palmer - The English Lakes, p9)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 420 x 548mm / 16.5 x 21.6 inches (Inner Print: 252 x 364mm / 9.9 x 14.3 inches).
- Framed - 266 x 317mm / 10.5 x 12.5 inches (Inner Print: 114 x 158mm / 4.5 x 6.2 inches).
- Mounted - 390 x 518mm / 15.6 x 20.4 inches (Inner Print: 252 x 364mm / 9.9 x 14.3 inches).
- Mounted - 236 x 286mm / 9.3 x 11.3 inches (Inner Print: 114 x 158mm / 4.5 x 6.2 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.