In this picturesque scene, with sheep grazing in the foreground the Langdale Pikes are seen within the clouds. Tarn Hows (which apparently means 'small heights surrounding the lake') was artificially enlarged by a dam in the early 20th century, and planted with spruce and larch. One of the few tarns accessible by car, it has fine views of the Langdale Pikes, illustrated so beautifully here amongst all of the lush flora and rugged landscape. It remains a highly fashionable place to visit.
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 317 x 267mm / 12.5 x 10.5 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Mounted - 285 x 235mm / 11.2 x 9.3 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.