Painted just after sunset, a hazy warmth is generated by a myriad of complimentary tones throughout, with the afterglow still burning orange on the shoulders of Place Fell, towering high beyond the curving shoreline. The rhododendron in the foreground is an example of the flowering shrub which was brought over from Nepal and Tibet by Victorian plant-hunters and introduced with great effect here.
"A short way down the shore, through pleasant woods and pastures, opposite Glencoin, one of the finest views of the head of Ullswater is obtained"
(Black's Guide to the English Lakes - ed. Gordon-Home, p57-8)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 548 x 364mm / 21.6 x 14.3 inches (Inner Print: 386 x 198mm / 15.2 x 7.8 inches).
- Mounted - 526 x 342mm / 20.7 x 13.5 inches (Inner Print: 386 x 198mm / 15.2 x 7.8 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.