William depicts the well-loved and often climbed mountain mass of Great Gable, sitting in all its majestic pomp closing in the valley here, painted in a burnt umber tone, in stark contrast against the whited out rocks along the shores of Wastwater. This area he would come back to later, when he painted his exquisitely coloured 'Clear Evening Wastwater'.
"Up Wasdale, Kirkfell and the Gable still claim that supremacy over the waters for which, in the ice age, they sent their armies to contend"
(Walking in the Lake District - H. H. Symonds, p203)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 387 x 328mm / 15.2 x 12.9 inches (Inner Print: 242 x 182mm / 9.5 x 7.2 inches).
- Mounted - 356 x 299mm / 14 x 11.8 inches (Inner Print: 242 x 182mm / 9.5 x 7.2 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.