One of many paintings William did of his home valley, this is a marvellous example of using both wet and dry watercolour brush together in order to depict all of the water-reeds, trees and bullrushes by the lake. This rustic setting is completed by a tide of rising mist coupled with chimney smoke escaping out of the village, into the cold night air.
"What sensation is more delightful than that of tramping along while the crisp snow crunches under foot, and gazing upward at the lean crags standing boldly out from the long smooth slopes of dazzling white!"
(W. P. Haskett Smith - Winter Climbs (1894) in: Prose of Lakeland - B. L. Thompson, p150)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 317 x 267mm / 12.5 x 10.5 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Mounted - 285 x 235mm / 11.2 x 9.3 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.